Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Nepal ... at the roof of the World

After an amazing bus travel around hills and mountains with lots of local people and a couple of chickens. Here I am in the foothills of the Himalayas. The place of choice for now is Pokhara, a touristic village that is the start of the trekking circuit of the Annapurnas. Nevertheless it's a beautiful place with a valley and lakes, surrounded by mountains with around 7000 mts high, including the Annapurna I (goddess of fertility) with 8091 mts.


Some photos for the interested ones:


Nepal buses

Pagoda in Pokhara

Cycling around

The view from the roof of my house
My personal paddler :)
Sooner or later I may post some more news...

Namaste !!!

4 comments:

chb said...

Aí brother!

Já vi que já andas montado noutra bicla! Não perdes tempo! :)

Curte aí bués...

E vai dando notícias!

Abraço

Bex Tyrer said...

I object! Just because I was much faster than paddling than you ;-)

Isabel Guerreiro said...

Móoose débe (em algarvio)!!! Mirando o Anapupurna... Como te invejo...

Aproveita muito

Beijocas

Isabel & Alice & Pedro

BM said...

obrigadao pessoal...
tasse bem... acabamos um trek de 2 semanas no meio dos himalaias incluindo uma ascensaozinha a um pequeno pico de 4800 mts... qd puder ponho um post... bejos e abracos... Bruno